Updating Your Residential Space
Have you been considering replacing or updating your residential roof? If so, then you are more than likely aware of just how many options there are for you to choose from. What many may not be aware of is the fact that metal has become a popular choice for residential properties. That’s right, more and more homeowners are choosing a standing seam metal roof for their Austin, TX properties. For more information about this roofing structure, contact MKCS Roofing today at (512) 524-3011.
Benefits of a Standing Seam Metal Roof
Similar to a corrugated metal roof on a commercial building, a standing seam is known as a hidden fastener roof. That’s because the fasteners, the way the roof ultimately comes together, are hidden by overlapping barriers. This gives the whole structure more support and durability. A standing seam metal roof installation is a great investment for those that want something that is quite literally going to last a lifetime.
- Variety: Metal paneling comes in a variety of shades and textures for you to pick from. You can truly customize the exterior of your home to fit exactly the vision that you have.
- Sustainability: In general, metal roofing is made from aluminum which can be anywhere from 25-95% post-consumer metal. Not only are you utilizing recycled materials, but metal roofing can be installed over other materials resulting in less waste overall.
- Durability: A metal roof will be significantly more durable in comparison to a shingle roof. It can withstand constant sun exposure, wind, rain, and even relatively small sizes of hail. It’s also resistant to fire making it a great investment for dry areas.
- Longevity: There is no doubt about it, a metal roof will last longer than a shingle roof. Most shingle roofs have a lifespan of about 25 years before they need to be replaced. A metal roof, however, has a lifespan double that. Most will last upwards of 50 years or longer!
- Versatility: Depending on your home and your needs, a metal roof can be installed directly over your existing structure. This allows you a great deal of versatility because you can decide on something that will truly benefit you.
There is a variety of standing seam metal roof types and materials to choose from. More often than not, aluminum or steel is chosen because they are durable, flexible, and reliable. To learn more about a standing seam metal roofing installation or just more about your options regarding roofing, contact MKCS Roofing. We can help you with all kinds of roofing needs, including installing a standing seam metal roof for homes in the area. Contact us today to learn more.
Standing Seam Metal Roof vs Asphalt Shingles
The major deterrent for a metal roof of any kind, including a standing seam roof, is the price. A standing seam metal roof costs more than most asphalt shingle installations. It’s true, the initial costs for a metal roof are often more than even something like central heating repair, but the overall savings that you can experience are more than shingle roofing. A metal roof will help you save on energy bills as well as help save you money on repairs and replacement services. Which is the better choice? That’s ultimately up to you, but when compared with each other, metal proves time and time again to be a reliable roofing structure.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the average cost of a standing seam metal roof?
- For a complete roof installation, you are looking at about $23,000 to $30,000 for a standing seam metal roof. Now, the cost is going to vary based on the size of your home, if it’s a single or double story and more. On average, though, this is about what homeowners spent on a metal roof.
- How long do standing seam metal roofs last?
- On average, metal roofing of any kind has been known to last 50 years or longer. Most metal manufacturing companies offer 50-year warranties on the sheet panels so you’ll always have coverage for repair or replacement services.
- What is the difference between standing seam vs corrugated metal roofs?
- The ultimate difference between the two is the appearance. Corrugated metal roofing is often used and associated with commercial buildings. It really does look like large overlapping rectangles. Whereas a standing seam roof has a bit more of a refined or finished appearance.
- Is standing seam roof worth the money?
- That answer will ultimately be up to you. That in mind, while a metal roof will be more expensive initially, it will last significantly longer than a shingle roof. Additionally, if it’s installed properly, it will require less maintenance or repair services. All of which will end up saving you money in the long run.
- What are the problems with metal roofs?
- Most of the problems with a metal roof come down to the installation. If improperly installed, your roof will likely leak, become damaged, and more. But the same is true with any other roofing structure.
Schedule a Consultation With Our Team Today
Connect with MKCS Roofing at (512) 524-3011 about a standing seam metal roof for Austin, TX houses today. We are here to help you.